Chautauqua County Fair - July 23-25, 2020
Schedule TBAFair Book
Premium Sale Information
Must attend and/or participate in at least 3 livestock educational events that are approved by the Chautauqua County Sale Committee and/or a Rolling Prairie Extension Agent. The events should pertain to the 4 species that are eligible for the premium sale. Horse, poultry and rabbit events will not count. 4-H members should try to vary the types of educational requirements they attend.
- Rolling Prairie Livestock Project Meetings
- Exhibit in a spring livestock show
- Participate in a livestock judging contest
- Participate in a livestock educational tour/event
- Youth for the Quality Care of Animals (YQCA) Certification
- Present a market livestock presentation at County 4-H Club Days
- Write a Story about or do a Financial Analysis of your Livestock ProjectThe story must be age appropriate. The financial analysis must be signed by a loan officer at a lending institution.
These requirements should be met between August 1, 2019 and the Chautauqua County 4-H Fair entry deadline.
To sell in the premium sale, animals must be of a packer acceptable weight based on the scales at the fair. *Animals will go across the scales one time.* The minimum weight for each species is:
- Steers 1,050 pounds
- Pigs 210 pounds
- Lambs 90 pounds
- Goats 50 pounds